Simple problem but annoying one.
Artemis Fowl
2007-03-18 17:19:52 UTC

There seems to be a simple, but as I mentioned before, a little
annonying issue with RadRails.

When I run my application, that has quite a few puts in the beginning
and then some gets statements, it works fine on the command prompt.
But when I try the same with RadRails, the console fails to show the
puts statements which are initially in the code.
The cursor just blinks. When I enter the input that the program
expected, then the puts statements become visible.
For eg,

The simple program

puts "Hello there, what's your name"
nameEntered = gets()
puts "Welcome " + nameEntered + ", to the new world"

On the command prompt :

Hello there, what's your name
<User Input> Neo
Welcome Neo, to the new world

On RadRails Ruby Perspective :

( cursor keeps blinking... User Input goes first after minutes of
waiting )
<User Input>Neo
Hello there, what's your name
Welcome Neo, to the new world

Am I missing something or is this a bug that I have to survive with or
are there any patches to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Artemis.

Arthur Schreiber
2007-03-19 14:54:58 UTC